HUMANE SOCIETY OF HENDERSON COUNTY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Humane Society of Henderson County (HSHC) is a non-profit 501(c)3
organization founded in 1965. The HSHC is 100 percent funded by donations,
grants and fees for services. We receive no government funding for the HSHC
mission and programs. The HSHC does
have a contract with the City and County governments of Henderson County solely
for animal control services.
Because we are committed to not killing healthy or reversibly ill or injured
cats and dogs, we are in a growth and public awareness phase, and are therefore
considered a "working board" (i.e., very involved in the shelter's operational
excellence, fundraising, community awareness, volunteerism, budget management
and strategic planning).
We seek talented and dedicated people who are willing to help us take the
shelter and the community to the next phase of animal welfare.
If you are interested in applying for board membership, please review these
basic requirements. You can apply for a Board position by completing the
Membership Application. Please mail your completed
application to the HSHC shelter (attention Josh Williams) or email to
HSHC Board Members are covered by the shelter’s liability insurance
- Actively serve on at least one committee per year.
- Attend at least 75 percent of the regularly scheduled board
meetings which are held from 6- 8 p.m. on the 3rd Monday of every month.
- Participate in at least one fundraiser per year.
- Visit the HSHC shelter at least quarterly.
- Maintain the confidentiality of items discussed at the board
- Represent the HSHC in a positive and ethical way in the
community, and support the goals and visions of the organization.
- Actively pursue opportunities for fund development, open doors
of communication and build relationships with animal advocates in the community.